– Appointment Required – Mask Required – Please Come in Alone –
We are happy to share we are now available for ALL your eye care needs, by appointment. As always, our top priority is your health, safety and comfort. We want to act responsibly to protect those with weak immune systems, be respectful of those who are fearful, and help us move more quickly to get back to a life that resembles our own precious version of normal.
If you are visiting our office for eyewear repairs, adjustments, selections or pick-up, we ask that you call our office in advance to schedule an appointment with one of our talented opticians. Once you arrive for optical services, come on in with your mask on and head straight back to the optical counter.
Anyone entering our office must have an appointment. You will be appropriately screened for COVID-19 exposure and symptoms. You will be required to wear a mask while in our office. Our staff will also be wearing masks at all times. If you feel you cannot wear a mask, we will kindly ask that you reschedule your appointment for a time when we feel it is safe to go without.
- All patients asked if they have had known exposure to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, or exhibited known COVID-19 symptoms (e.g. cough, fever, shortness of breath) in the last 48 hours (IF YES, we will schedule appointment no sooner than 2 weeks from the date of the call)
- We require all patients to wear a mask during their visit. Even with new CDC recommendations for fully vaccinated people, masks are still required in HEATHCARE SETTINGS per MDHHS orders.
- Patients are again asked the screening questions above upon arrival.
- Patients instructed to wash hands immediately upon entering the building.
- Patients must come in alone, with the exception of minor children with one guardian accompanying. Patient and guardian must both be masked.
- Hand sanitizer available at multiple places around the office.
- Frequent hand washing before and during each patient encounter.
- Staff will be asked the same screening questions above before every shift, and temperature checked for fever upon entry to the building.
- Staff wearing masks at all times during shift.
- No staff allowed to congregate in any area of the office.
- If known exposure to someone positive with Covid-19, staff or doctor will quarantine as recommended by health department (10 days).
- Equipment is sanitized after every patient (kiosks, microscopes, lenses, keyboards, counter tops, exam chairs) including all surfaces a patient may have touched (arm rests, pens, door handles, etc.)
- Additional cleaning of all surfaces and counters in the office
- We’ve removed all shared materials (magazines, pens, toys) from waiting rooms
- Discontinued coffee and beverage service until further notice.
- Our optical staff are following strict disinfection protocol for eyeglass frames and sunglasses. No frame will be put back on the frame board without being properly disinfected. No patient will be allowed to freely browse in optical without a staff member to ensure cleaning standards can be upheld.