We are happy to share we are now available for ALL your eye care needs, by appointment. As always, our top priority is your health, safety and comfort. In keeping with the highest standards set forth by the CDC and other governmental authorities, you will notice a few changes in our office at your next visit. We want to act responsibly to protect those with weak immune systems, be respectful of those who are fearful, and help us move more quickly to get back to a life that resembles our own precious version of normal.
Phone hours are 7:30am – 1:00pm & 2pm- 7:00pm (M-Th), 7:30-1pm (Fri) for the time being.
If you are visiting our office for eyewear repairs, adjustments, selections or pick-up, we ask that you call our office in advance to schedule an appointment with one of our talented opticians. Once you arrive for optical services, please call us from the parking lot and an optician will assist you.
Anyone entering our office will be appropriately screened for COVID-19 exposure and symptoms. You will be required to wear a mask or appropriate face covering while in our office. Our staff will also be wearing masks at all times. If you feel you cannot wear a mask, we will kindly ask that you reschedule your appointment for a time when we feel it is safe to go without.
Our reception area is currently closed and our front door will remain locked. In order for us to maintain appropriate staff to patient ratios, we will ask that you wait in your car for us to assist you.
Our doctor schedules have been altered with expanded hours (to allow for social distancing and low capacity in the office), so you may be asked to adjust your current appointment time for the immediate future. If you currently have an appointment, our staff will be reaching out to you soon to either confirm or change your appointment time. We will also be reviewing some important details about your visit, so please expect our call.
- All patients asked if they have traveled in the last 14 days, have known exposure to someone with COVID-19, or exhibited known COVID-19 symptoms (e.g. cough, fever, shortness of breath) in the last 48 hours. (IF YES, we will schedule appointment no sooner than 2 weeks from the date of the call)
- We require all patients to wear a mask, scarf, or bandana that covers their nose and mouth during their visit. Patients’ temperature will be taken as part of the care process. All patients reminded of this policy when they are confirmed for their appointment.
- Patients are again asked the screening questions above upon arrival.
- Patients are asked to wait in their cars. Staff will perform pre-exam histories over the phone while you are in your car. Then we will meet you at the door to check for fever and be escorted directly to your clean exam room.
- Patients instructed to wash hands immediately upon entering the building.
- Patients must come in alone, with the exception of minor children with one guardian accompanying. Patient and guardian must both be masked.
- Hand sanitizer available at multiple places around the office.
- Frequent hand washing before and during each patient encounter.
- Staff will be asked the same screening questions above before every shift, and temperature checked for fever upon entry to the building.
- Staff wearing masks at all times during shift, and wearing gloves for all patient contact.
- No staff allowed to congregate in any area of the office.
- Equipment is sanitized after every patient (kiosks, microscopes, lenses, keyboards, counter tops, exam chairs) including all surfaces a patient may have touched (arm rests, pens, door handles, etc.)
- Additional cleaning of all surfaces and counters in the office
- We’ve removed all shared materials (magazines, pens, toys) from waiting rooms
- Discontinued coffee and beverage service until further notice.
- Our optical staff are following strict disinfection protocol for eyeglass frames and sunglasses. No frame will be put back on the frame board without being properly disinfected. No patient will be allowed to freely browse in optical without a staff member to ensure cleaning standards can be upheld.