We are happy to be here and available for ALL your eye care needs. As always, our top priority is your health, safety and comfort. We want to act responsibly to protect those with weak immune systems, be respectful of those who require limited community contact, and help us all move more quickly to get back to a life that resembles our versions of normal.
Masks are no longer required. If you prefer to wear a mask, please do. Our staff will also wear a mask when working with you if that is what you prefer.
If you are visiting our office for eyewear repairs, adjustments, selections or pick-up, come in and head straight back to the optical counter. Appointments for optical services are no longer required.
- Masks are provided in clinic if the patient would feel more comfortable wearing one. If you wear one, our staff will also be masked while working with you.
- Hand sanitizer available at multiple places around the office.
- Frequent hand washing before and during each patient encounter.
- Face masks worn if the patient prefers it
- If known exposure to someone positive with Covid-19, staff or doctor will quarantine as recommended by CDC/Health Department quarantine/isolation protocol.
- Our HVAC system has been upgraded with the best filtration available to keep our indoor air clean.
- Equipment is sanitized after every patient (kiosks, microscopes, lenses, keyboards, counter tops, exam chairs) including all surfaces a patient may have touched (arm rests, pens, door handles, etc.)
- Additional cleaning of all surfaces and counters in the office
- Our optical staff are following strict disinfection protocol for eyeglass frames and sunglasses. Frames will not be put back on the frame board without being properly disinfected. Patients are asked as they browse in optical to place frames aside to ensure cleaning standards can be upheld.